Stay cool this summer while lowering your energy costs without sacrificing your comfort.
Here are 10 easy things you can do.
- Close the blinds on the sunny side of your home.
- Make sure the exhaust fan is on when taking a shower.
- Make sure the air filter is clean on your central air conditioning system.
- Use the programming feature on your thermostat.
- Open your windows when the humidity and temperature are low.
- Make sure your attic vents are clean and ventilator is operating
- Lock your windows.
- Use the microwave instead of the stove.
- Keep the system fan in the “Auto” position.
- Tell your children to shut the door!