Low-Level Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Home » Blog » Low-Level Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A UL listed Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector that is found at the common hardware store is not required to alarm until a concentration of  70ppm (part per million) is obtained for 4 hours. This will keep you from death, but exposure to low level concentrations over time can create serious health risks. These risks increase dramatically for infants, the elderly or anyone with serious health conditions. CO prevents red blood cells from absorbing oxygen correctly. High concentrations in a short time will result in death, but low level exposure can result in health concerns as well. CO exposure will make the victim experience flu like symptoms. Nausea, head aches, dizziness, weakness, vomiting, chest pain and confusion are common symptoms of CO poisoning. Long term exposure can result in memory loss, reduced brain function, erratic behavior and reduced cognitive skills.

If anyone in your home falls into the “high risk” category for low level CO poisoning; please consider a low level detector for your home.

Looking for a Free Estimate?

    Folds of Honor

    Summers & Zim’s supports Folds of Honor, providing educational scholarships to spouses and children of America’s fallen and disabled service-members.

    Folds of Honor Donate Today

    Featured Review

    “Love & trust your company, techs and work. Had always recommended you to others. You have always been there for me when a problem would arise. It almost feels like I’m family.”

    S.M. – East Fallowfield, PA.

    Read All Reviews

    Become a Service Member

    Service members get priority service and enjoy a discount on repair services.

    Become a Member

    Schedule Service

    Call (610) 593-5129 for emergency service, or submit a service request on our online scheduling page.