Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Increases in Winter

Home » Blog » Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Increases in Winter

As we spend more time inside our homes in the winter, with doors and windows tightly closed, we become more at-risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. Because the potentially lethal gas is colorless and odorless, you may not realize you are being exposed to it. Here are the symptoms. Early symptoms are a dull headache, a feeling of weakness, dizziness, and shortness of breath. That will be followed by nausea, blurring vision, and a state of growing mental confusion. It is essential that at any of these stages you must get out of the toxic air. Either leave your home or open windows to allow fresh air in, even if it is really cold air. Then call 911 and report your situation. We advise that you install a carbon monoxide detector in your basement, about 15-20 feet from your furnace, an additional one at the top of your basement stairs, and also install one in each bedroom. You can purchase and install them yourself, or call us at 610-593-5129 and we can install them for you.

Looking for a Free Estimate?

Folds of Honor

Summers & Zim’s supports Folds of Honor, providing educational scholarships to spouses and children of America’s fallen and disabled service-members.

Folds of Honor Donate Today

Featured Review

“Love & trust your company, techs and work. Had always recommended you to others. You have always been there for me when a problem would arise. It almost feels like I’m family.”

S.M. – East Fallowfield, PA.

Read All Reviews

Become a Service Member

Service members get priority service and enjoy a discount on repair services.

Become a Member

Schedule Service

Call (610) 593-5129 for emergency service, or submit a service request on our online scheduling page.

Schedule Your Appointment